Well Person Screening
The requests for Well Person Screening continue to increase and we are now delivering to a diverse range of businesses. Furthermore, we are now delivering to Health and Fitness Clubs.
Our philosophy mirrors that of the World Health Organisation where health is defined “as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease”. WHO (1948).
The purpose of well person screening is to increase the potential for detecting some major conditions and diseases at an early stage. For example, early onset diabetes, coronary heart disease risk and high blood pressure with its increased prospect for stroke in later life.
Our comprehensive screening comprises the following:
- Blood pressure check and advice
- Cholesterol check and advice
- Fat analysis and discussion
- Hereditary diseases discussion
- Males - prostate and testicular cancer advice
- Females - breast and cervical screening discussion, osteoporosis advice
- Diabetes - Type I and Type II discussion
Booklets from e.g. British Heart Foundation and other major health organisations will be offered at the time of screening. Appointments will usually last about 45 minutes and all medical records will be kept in a confidential manner by Community Health.
If you are interested please contact us on:
Main reception: 01223-897858 Main mobile: 0777-576-1252